Hotel and Travel Information
SLAS2013 will be held at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center near Orlando, FL, USA. The Gaylord Palms address is 6000 W Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34746.
The closest airport to the Gaylord Palms Resort is the Orlando International Airport (MCO), located approximately 20 minutes by car.
Individual Hotel Reservations
The Gaylord Palms Resort is the only official hotel of SLAS2013. Get additional information about the hotel and convention center, and read about the many benefits you'll enjoy by choosing to stay, win and save at the Gaylord Palms.
At this time, the Gaylord is reporting some sold out nights (1/13, 1/14 and 1/15 at the time of writing) however please check often with the hotel as room availability changes frequently. The Gaylord Palms will still honor the SLAS2013 group rate based on hotel availability. You must contact the Gaylord directly as outlined below to check availability and to book your accommodations.
When booking your accommodations, please remember to use the following links to ensure you receive the conference rate when booking Online:
- Room Rate: $235 Single/Double Occupancy (does not include state tax, local tax, county fee or resort fee)
- Resort Fee: $15 (mandatory)
- Wireless internet access in guest rooms, atriums, and poolside
- Daily newspaper
- Dasani bottled water (2 replenished daily)
- Access to the resort's state-of-the-art Fitness Center
- High-speed internet access in each guestroom
- Local phone calls up to 20 minutes ($.10/minute thereafter)
- Toll-free and credit card calls up to 20 minutes($.10/minute thereafter)
- Scheduled transportation to Walt Disney World theme parks
- Cancellation Policy: 72 hours
- No-shows will be charged one (1) night room and tax
- Credit card # is required at the time of booking
- Deposit of one (1) night's room/tax will be charged at booking. Deposit will be refunded if cancellation occurs within 72 hours of check-in.
- Parking Fee: $15 self-parking, $22 valet per night
Additional Hotel Options
If you are unable to find availability at the Gaylord Palms Resort, for your convenience below is listing of additional properties located near the convention center that may have limited availability over the conference dates. Please note that shuttle service will not be provided from these properties to the Gaylord Palms Convention Center.
8101 World Center Drive,Orlando FL 32821
Holiday Inn Maingate East
5711 U.S. 192, Kissimmee, FL 34746
Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
2900 Parkway Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747
Royale Parc Suites
5876 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746
Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
4955 Kyngs Heath Road, Kissimmee, FL 34746
Earn and Redeem Marriott Points When You Stay at the Gaylord Palms
As a result of Marriott International's recent acquisition of management of Gaylord properties, attendees of SLAS2013 who stay at the Gaylord Palms can earn and redeem Marriott Rewards Points and Miles during their conference stay. Be sure to enter your Marriott Rewards number when you make your room reservation. If you have already made your reservation at the Gaylord, simply provide your Marriott Rewards number at check-in. For more information, visit the Gaylord Palms Web site or contact the hotel by phone at 1-407-586-0000.
Group Hotel Reservations
Rates and fees above apply to each reservation booked using the group form and policies below.
Group hotel reservations (10 or more rooms) must be approved by SLAS and made through the hotel directly according to the following guidelines:
- Groups must complete the Group Hotel Authorization Form and return it via fax to Amy McGorry at +1.630.741.SLAS (7527) no later than November 1, 2012
- This signed form, when received by SLAS and confirmed by the hotel, will constitute your official room block.
- The total room nights contained in a group block reservation may be reduced by the group by up to 15% if received in writing to the hotel directly on or before November 1, 2012
- This date is known as the Final Adjustment Date.
- Should a group room block reservation be placed after November 1, 2012, no reduction will be allowed and the block as reserved at the time of initial booking will be considered the final contracted block.
- Should the room nights utilized on a cumulative basis after the Final Adjustment Date fall below 85% of the initial reservation (block), the group agrees to be financially responsible for the unused room nights in the group reservation block up to 85% of the final contracted block. Financial responsibility will be determined by SLAS, not the hotel. The Group will be invoiced by SLAS directly.
- Should the Group cancel the group room block at any point after the final adjustment date, SLAS reserves the right to hold Group responsible for the total number of room nights reserved multiplied by the hotel room rates.
- Cancellation is defined as the total non-use of the group room block.
- Invoices will be sent immediately following the conference.
- Payment will be due no later than thirty (30) days after date of invoice.
- Early arrival/late departure dates may not be readily available, but SLAS will work with hotel to accommodate requests.
- Hotel will confirm group reservation requests within 72 hours of approval by SLAS.
- Reservations will not be accepted without a form of payment for guarantee of one night room and tax per room reserved. A deposit may be charged by the hotel directly prior to confirmation.
- Hotel must receive names for each room (reservation) booked by November 15, 2012. Any rooms reserved without names after this date will be released for general sale.
- Once confirmed by the hotel, group reservations should be modified by contacting the Gaylord Palms Resort directly:
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Kelli Flaherty-Plowman, Group Housing Coordinator
The official airfare travel agent for SLAS2013 is National Travel. Please book your airfare to attend SLAS2013 by contacting National Travel directly:
US Toll Free: +1-800-557-0842
American Airlines is the official carrier of SLAS2013. Receive a 5% discount off the lowest applicable published fare on AA flights. National Travel will automatically apply the discount to flights booked through their agency.
If you use your own travel agency, please reference American Airlines Authorization Number 5313BJ when booking to receive the discount.
Rental Car Information
National Travel is also standing by to assist you in adding a rental car to your existing reservation or in booking a rental car as a stand-alone reservation. Please contact National Travel directly:
US Toll Free: +1-800-557-0842
Airport Transportation Information
The Gaylord Palms is twenty (20) minutes from the Orlando International Airport (MCO). The following options are available in addition to rental car options:
Taxi: Approximately $50 per ride.
Mears Transportation (Shared Van): Approximately $21 per person per ride.
Other Useful Travel Information