Benefits With Value for Your Wallet and Beyond
SLAS is pleased to announce that SLAS2013 participants staying at the Gaylord Palms enjoy many exclusive benefits, most notably multiple options for casual and affordable dining:
- One $10 dining card for Gaylord Palms eateries. Upon check-in, those staying at the Gaylord Palms will receive one $10 gift card, one per hotel room reserved, that can be used anytime during your SLAS2013 stay at any of the many dining options on the Gaylord grounds.
- Daily dining specials available only to SLAS2013 guests. Guests staying at the hotel will receive a voucher book at the front desk upon checking in. It will include the following perks:
- $1.00 off Wreckers Red Ale at Wreckers Sports Bar
- $1.00 off Any Draft at Sunset Sams
- Free Dessert with Entrée Purchase at Old Hickory
- $1.00 off Specialty Cocktail at Sora
- $2.00 off In Room Pizza Delivery
- During the conference days, Sunday, January 13 - Tuesday, January 15 the following specials will be available at the Gaylord Restaurants to all SLAS2013 participants:
- Sunset Sam's and Wreckers restaurants will offer a soup and sandwich special for $10.99
- Villa de Flora will offer a reduced price Continental Breakfast Buffet to include breads, fresh fruit, yogurts and cereal for $15.00
- Villa de Flora will offer a reduced lunch buffet for $17.00
- Starbucks carts are available in the convention center to offer quick on-demand coffee and lattes for purchase.
- Fantastic restaurants and a variety of specialty shops to choose from, including:
- Sora specialty sushi and eclectic handcrafted drinks
- Villa de Flora European inspired cuisine
- Old Hickory Steakhouse Black Angus steaks, artisanal cheeses and an award-winning wine list
- Sunset Sam's, a Key West Grill A creative fusion of Floridian and Caribbean favorites
- Wreckers Sports Bar Casual fare along with 50 HDTVs and a two-story video wall
- Java Coast Coffee and espresso selections, freshly baked pastries, great sandwiches, gourmet salads and delectable desserts, along with a first-rate selection of beer and wine
- Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream Shoppe What more can be said?
- Poolside dining at the SandBar
Stay, Win and SaveBook your room by December 13, 2012 to gain entry into the Gaylord Palms Stay-and-Save Drawing. Fifty (50) winners will be chosen to receive up to $200 off their hotel stay, $50 off each night for up to four nights. All registered SLAS2013 participants are eligible, including exhibitors, full conference, exhibition-only and short-course only registrants. And to assist with your travel costs, don't forget all SLAS2013 participants receive a 5% travel discount off the lowest published AA fare by booking on American Airlines.
Be Among the First to Enjoy the Gaylord Palms Renovation
The Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center boasts the full effects of a $50 million renovation project, completed since SLAS was last there in 2011. Included in the renovation are two new dining venues offering lower priced entrees, a brand new "Coquina Lawn" area with open lawn for leisure activities, three fire pits for informal networking, and two new pool areas. The new two-story sports bar is centrally located between the hotel guest room atrium and the convention center space, making it a great meeting place and the perfect transition point between work and community. Additionally, all guest rooms have been upgraded with contemporary furnishings and the highest levels of functionality, along with details including fine linens and flat screen TVs.
Guests staying at the Gaylord Palms also have access to free scheduled shuttle service to and from Downtown Disney to enjoy dinner or off-site functions, as well as discounted airport transfer/shuttle service between the Gaylord and Orlando International Airport.