SLAS Young Scientist Delegate
Students, graduates and post-docs are welcome to compete for the SLAS Young Scientist Delegate Program being presented at a variety of meetings and conferences hosted by strategic partners of SLAS.
Winners from partner conferences will be invited to present and participate in the Student Poster Competition at the 2nd Annual SLAS Conference and Exhibition, January 12-16 2013 at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, Orlando, FL, USA. SLAS Young Scientist Delegates receive a $500 cash prize, roundtrip coach airfare, shared hotel accommodations and conference registration for SLAS2013.
The SLAS Young Scientist Award program is a global initiative in partnership with the following organizations:
- European Laboratory Robotics Interest Group, United Kingdom
- Institute of Food Technologists, United States
- MipTec, Switzerland
The following are the 2012 Young Scientist Delegate winners who present their work at SLAS2013:
- Alexander Daschner and Kamran Honarnejad of the German Centre for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) at Ludwig-Maximilians-UniversitÃ¤t in Munich, Germany
"A Novel Multifactorial Drug Candidate for Alzheimer's Disease: High-Throughput Screening, Identification and Efficacy Characterization"
- Aurore Lejuene of the Molecular Pharmacology Department, Cancer Research Technology Development Laboratory, at Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, England
"A Novel Cell-Based Screening Approach for the Identification of FOXA 1 Pathway Inhibitors for the Treatment of Tamoxifen-Resistant Breast Cancer"
- Lin Lu of the Department of Molecular Biosciences and Bioengineering at the University of Hawaii in Manoa, HI
"Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopic Technique with a Functionalized Microwire Sensor for Rapid Detection of Foodborne Pathogens"
For information regarding participating in the SLAS Young Scientist Delegate program, please contact Mary Geismann, Manager, Administrative and Member Services firstname.lastname@example.org.